Margarita Sea Bass
Inspired by the famous Mexican cocktail this tequila based marinade is a perfect partner for this celebrated seafish…
- 8 sea bass fillets (100g or 4oz each)
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) white or gold tequila.
- 120ml (4 fl oz) Cointreau
- 150ml (5 fl oz) fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Place the fish in a zip-lock bag.
- Combine the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, salt, garlic and 2 teaspoons of oil and pour over the fish.
- Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature turning occasionally.
- Heat the grill to very hot.
- Remove the sea bass and pat dry.
- Brush lightly with 1 teaspoon of oil and grind some pepper over the surface of the fish.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side.